Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mosaics Listed in the Sidebar

A commenter named Holger suggested that I list the mosaics in the sidebar so that they'd be easier to find. It's an excellent suggestion and I've started the process.

While I generally like Blogger, it does have limitations. The first is that there seems to be a limit as to how many posts will display with a given tag. For instance, if you click on the "101 Dalmatians" tag at the bottom of an entry, you will not get all the posts relating to that feature. For that reason, there are no sidebar links listed for Pinocchio or 101 Dalmatians yet as I have to figure out how I'm going to handle them.

The other thing is that Blogger will display the posts relating to a tag with the newest on top. As a result, the actual mosaic, which is usually the first thing I post relating to a cartoon, will be at the bottom with later commentary above it.

In the future, I'll probably put together a "Best of" list on the sidebar, with articles that I think still have value even though they may have been posted some time ago.

4 comments:

Oswald Iten said...

This is great, thank you!
I was researching about the animation in Ferdinand the Bull the other day. Have you already done a mosaic on that one that I was simply unable to find because of blogger's limitations?

Cookedart said...

It seems that your template is missing the "older posts" link that shows up at the bottom of any page in a category/label.. this might be because you are using an old version of the template.... I would back up your links and upgrade... I believe if you are using an old template, it will be listed as "template" - new templates are called "layouts".. the only other reason I can think of as to why you wouldn't have these links is that the template you're using might not have this feature.

Mark Mayerson said...

Hi Alan. Thanks for the suggestion, but I didn't have any luck. I updated the template (you can see some small changes to fonts) and even tried other templates, but nothing turns up the "older posts" link. I don't see it anywhere in the settings controls, either. Oh well.

Mark Mayerson said...

Oswald, I never did a mosaic for Ferdinand, though Hans Perk did publish the animation draft from that cartoon. Maybe I'll tackle it when I get through with 101 Dalmatians.