Monday, September 26, 2011

Animation Insider

Animation Insider is a site whose mission is to "focus on the real people in the trenches who make the award winning stuff we love. " The good news is that there are a great many interviews on the site, focusing on people who don't normally get coverage. The bad news is that the questions are standardized, so all kinds of opportunities for follow up questions are missed. Still, the site is a good place to discover the varied backgrounds and sensibilities of the people who earn their livings in animation.

Here's a link to an alphabetical listing of interview subjects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These guys have some great interviews on their podcast too http://altanimation.podomatic.com/

milowerx said...

Totally right, you got me, it is standardized but I'd never be able to do the site if I individually interviewed everyone as I am also a Director and that alone takes up way too much of my time never mind running around interviewing people!
At it's core it's supposed to be a place where the unknown get to be known for one day. A place where the people who's names are squished into 1/4 of the screen over upcoming previews get to shine. Someday maybe I can switch it up and interview on a more personal level but for now this is the best I can do. Thanks for the shout out though! I truly appreciate it!