Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Who the heck is this guy?

A quick introduction. I've worked in animation since 1976, mostly as an animator but also as a writer, director and producer. I've worked in computer animation since 1985, though my entire career with a pencil and mouse has been exclusively for TV (commercials, specials and series).

Currently, I'm teaching animation at Sheridan College and Seneca College and working towards a Masters degree in film studies at York University. My thesis is going to be on the collaborative nature of animated acting. I hope to post my thoughts here and get feedback from other professionals.

In addition, I've written about the history and business of animation, so those topics will show up as well. In fact, anything I find interesting about animation will likely show up, so be prepared for an eclectic assortment of posts.

8 comments:

Mark Mayerson said...

Just testing out the comments.

Anonymous said...

You're too modest. You're a brilliant animator who has worked both sides of the street - 2D & cgi. Your writing on animation history is thoughtful and thought-provoking, and - rare these days in animation history - accurate. It's now wonderful having your voice to tap into, as a regular, on line.
Congratulations and thanks for taking the leap.

Anonymous said...

And another test.

Mark Mayerson said...

Mike, I appreciate your compliment but I am NOT anywhere near a brilliant animator. As you have worked with animators who do qualify as brilliant, such as Tissa David, you should know better.

Ward Jenkins said...

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say on your blog. I love what you have posted already. Best of luck to you, Mark!

Cookedart said...

Ya, I mean... who's ever heard of Sheridan?

Just kidding!

Glad to see you've joined the 'blogosphere' as they seem to be calling it.

Gonna keep checking back!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm teaching a course on the history of animation next semester and looking for resources: books, good websites, etc. I'm focusing on international animation in the first half, then Japanese Anime in the second. Any suggestions? Thanks!

David Sullivan, Cabirllo College, dasulliv@cabrillo.edu

Unknown said...

Hiya,
As a self-taught passionate traditional animation student , I'm going to read all the way up, searching for lessons on animation.
By what I've seen so fart I ought to learn a lot from you, and want to thank in advance,
internet be my animation teacher (internet and books)!